"The End of Strategic Planning"
by Doug Zelinski, Leadership Development Director
Smaller congregations in many denominations are struggling to survive. This doesn't mean they are necessarily "doing church" badly. But it does mean they need to do church differently. Intuiting this need, church leaders often begin gearing up for a strategic planning process.
Strategic plans have been viewed as the epitome of responsible church governance since the 1970s, however... That view is shifting. Experts now speak of the "death" of strategic planning so frequently we thought it fitting to summarize their views in the following obituary. [Continue Reading]
District Annual Meetings for Ballou Channing, Clara Barton and Massachusetts Bay
Your New England Region UUA Staff Team
You can call anyone on our regional staff team to think through your organizational challenge - whether it's a growth-induced challenge like the move to two services, or the resource question of whether you will continue with full-time ministry or anything in between.
Call us for
- support on questions related to ministerial transitions,
- help with congregational conflicts, and
- consultation on congregational staffing, mission and stewardship processes.
- facilitation of board retreats and ministerial startup workshops,
- collegial conversations and master classes for religious professionals, and
- learning opportunities for congregational lay leaders on a wide variety of topics.
And on July 1, 2015, with the official addition of Northern New England District, we will become the regional team we have been growing into.
Like Us on Facebook and Join Our Email List
LIKE US ON FACEBOOK us and receive regional updates in your newsfeed.
JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST to learn about upcoming workshops, trainings and regional events. If you'd like to tell others in your congregation how to join our regional email list, please send them here: http://tinyurl.com/NERUUAemail. Thanks!
Find Out How Faithify Can Help You Fund Congregational Initiatives
FAITHIFY, a crowdfunding site where passionate people follow, share, and fund Unitarian Universalist ministries, launched at General Assembly 2014.
The Mass Bay District has gifted this first-of-its-kind platform to our Unitarian Universalist movement as a way to inspire imagination about ministries. Visit FAITHIFY.org to find projects that share your values. Follow Faithify on Facebook.
Upcoming Ministerial Installations & Ordinations
- Sunday, April 12, 2015, at 3:30 pm Rev. Rebecca Froom will be installed at United First Parish Church, Unitarian Universalist in Quincy, MA.
- Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 5:00pm (time to be confirmed), Rev. Heather Rion Starr and Rev. Cathy Rion Starr will be installed at The Unitarian Society of Hartford, CT.
- Sunday, April 26, 2015, at 3:00pm Rev. Paul Sprecher will be installed at First Parish Church Unitarian Universalist in Bridgewater, MA.
- Sunday, April 26, 2015 at 4 :00pm Andrew Moeller will be ordained at UU Society East in Manchester, CT.
- Saturday, May 2, 2015, Rev. Catie Scudera will be installed at First Parish in Needham, Unitarian Universalist. (Time TBD)
- Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 4:00pm, Rev. Sarah C. Stewart will be installed at First Unitarian Church of Worcester, MA (Second Parish, 90 Main Street).
- Sunday, May 3, 2015 at 4:00pm, Rev. Gretchen Weis will be installed at Murray Unitarian Universalist Church of Attleboro, MA.
- Saturday, June 6, 2015 at 10:30am, Aaron Stockwell will be ordained at the First Parish of Groton, MA.
- Sunday, June 7, 2015 at 4:30pm, Rev. Susan Moran will be installed at the Unitarian Universalist Society of Rockport, MA.
- Contact us
- About BCD
- About CBD
- About MBD
- Events / Trainings
- About UUism
- Transitions & Employment
Thu, 04/09/2015 - 1:00pm
Fri, 04/10/2015 - 6:00pm
Sat, 04/18/2015 - 9:00am
Sat, 04/18/2015 - 9:00am
Sat, 04/25/2015 - 1:00pm
Sat, 05/02/2015 - 9:00am
Tue, 05/05/2015 - 9:00am
Sat, 05/16/2015 - 9:00am
Sat, 05/30/2015 - 8:30am
Sun, 05/31/2015 - 1:00pm
Sun, 04/12/2015 - 3:30pm
Sun, 04/19/2015 - 5:00pm
Sun, 04/26/2015 - 3:00pm
Sun, 04/26/2015 - 4:00pm
Sat, 05/02/2015 - 3:00pm
Changing the Religious Climate: The Role of Faith Groups in Climate Change Awareness and Action" with Professor Laurel KearnsMon, 04/06/2015 - 7:30pm
Sun, 04/12/2015 - 3:00pm
Mon, 04/13/2015 - 4:00pm
Tue, 04/14/2015 (All day)